Is it possible to develop the habit of practicing Yoga daily? Yes, it is!
I have been practicing yoga for over 5 years. At the beginning I used to practice once a week since the slow yoga classes offered in my town did not engage me much. Once I discover Bikram yoga I started joining as much as I could, until I ended up joining daily!
I did that for some time, then I kept practicing daily but at home & room temperature yoga.
I have been practicing yoga daily for about 3 years now (non-stop!) and I’d like to share some tips which helped me achieve such a strong healthy habit.
- Find the moment which is good for you. If you do not like waking up early leave it for the evening. Do not turn it into a punishment but something you look forward to doing.
- Find a yoga style which engages you. Whatever yoga style you feel works better for you, focus on it.
- Try to add variation. Sometimes practice your preferred style but sometimes just try something different.
- Practice with different teachers. It is more fun when having someone different teaching you; with a different teaching style, voice, way to structure the class, etc.
- Make it special if you practice alone. Try to practice in a nice cosy room, light some candles, burn some incense.
- Make it easy to happen. If joining a studio makes it a pain due to the schedule/transportation try to practice at home & online.
- Savasana. Enjoy your relaxation time straight after the practice, try to always stay there for at least 2-3 minutes, enjoying the after practice & absorbing the benefits of your practice.
- The after practice. After your Savasana go and take a warm & relaxing shower, take your time for applying your body lotions and pamper your body.
I hope these tips help you start building this amazing habit which will bring you so many benefits!